New Beginning Missionary Baptist Church
4055 Edmundson Road Woodson Terrace, MO 63134
PASTORAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The New Beginning Missionary Baptist Church (NBMBC) of Woodson Terrace, MO is prayerfully seeking a Pastor. The church is self-governing and a member of the Berean Missionary Baptist District Association and the Missionary Baptist State Convention of Missouri. Our church exists to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ and lead souls to Christ as empowered by the Holy Spirit through worship, fellowship, prayer, teaching God’s Word and providing service to the community. We are seeking a Pastor who is immersed in biblical principles, models a healthy prayer life and practices scripture-based preaching.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Pastor, you are responsible to the Lord and the congregation to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to preach and teach biblical truths. The Pastor should also possess strong administrative leadership with the ability to facilitate a well-developed vision of growth for the church body. The NBMBC is seeking a Pastor who will manage the operations of the church in collaboration with ministers, deacons, and ministry leaders through coaching, delegation and leading of the Holy Spirit.
· Serve as a lead facilitator and/or provide counsel and direction to the Ministerial staff in planning and conducting worship services, prayer services and bible studies.
· Preparation and delivery of sermons, perform weddings, funerals, baptisms, and communion service.
· Possess and foster a gregarious nature that will encourage participation in members of all ages and enhance church growth.
· Actively support church auxiliaries and other ministries within the church.
· Moderate church business meetings in accordance with Constitution and Bi-Laws.
· Actively advocate for the overall financial health of the church through supporting of tithes and offerings.
· Provide direction and leadership to the ministers and laypersons who evangelize, witness to the community, and visit the sick and homebound.
· Be able to give wise counsel in family, marriage, relationships, grief, and spiritual development.
· Develop, plan, and facilitate training opportunities that promote spiritual development for church officers, ministry leaders, deacons, and ministers.
· Must be called by God and exemplify the characteristics outlined in 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
· Must be licensed and ordained in the Baptist faith.
· Possess the heart and wisdom of a servant-leader.
· Oratorically skilled in evangelism, preaching, and teaching.
· Seminary training or theology education from an accredited college or university.
· Minimum 5-10 years Pastoral experience required (may include time as Assistant/Associate)
· Must prove to be financially independent and stable. (bi-vocational with sustainable income from other professional or personal sources).
· Must be willing to submit to background screening as petitioned by the Pastoral Search Committee.
HOW TO APPLY: All inquiries should be directed to: Pastoral Search Committee, NBMBC
MAIL: 4055 Edmundson Road Woodson Terrace, MO 63134
Your submission should include:
· A cover letter and statement of faith
· Professional and Ministerial Resume’
· Copies of degree/transcripts
· Copies of Ministerial license and ordination
· 3 letters of recommendation
· Contact information from one clergy or Pastor, professional colleague, a congregant or ministry partner.
OPENING DATE: May 8, 2022 Submission Deadline: July 31, 2022
Mailed submissions must be postmarked by or before deadline.
Yours in Christ,
NBMBC Pastoral Search Committee